6.3.07

etc

I. top ten list (chosen from a field of 20)

----10. yes, crazy america! you assume that just because one has recieved a four year degree and a security clearance that this person can fill in for a teacher for a day at a level that they have already mastered? craziness abounds!

----9. i think xavier, angella, clarrissa, john, gio, anthony, gabrielle, mark, michael, isaac, kevin, and lewis would disagree. they might even say 'you suck'.

----8. does this mean in sucky world that everyone would have to go through college to sub?

----7. yeah, it is part of an elaborate secret plot to topple america.

----6. is somebody jealous???

----5. or has somebody watched too much 'are you smarter than a fifth grader?'

----4. hmmm. you are in architecture, right? must never had a sub teach you.

----3. now i understand the 'thanks for playing' comment.

----2. run, CB, run away!

and finally...

----1. excelsior!

ok, that was fun.

II. i posted a new foaf blog yesterday. my AL central recap is now done.

III. hiking

----1. i went hiking sunday. on douglass spring trail. that was the one where i got caught in a blizzard on my way back, my first time ever on the trail. i went to bridal wreath spring. a short hike. 5.6 miles rountrip. it was cool then, and still cool sans the blizzard. i hve not yet posted the pics from the hike.

----2. talk of our mega uber 22 mile hike from mt lemmon to pima canyon (or vice versa, it is still up in the air, just floating there) has intensified. we might be joined by a 3rd hiker / camper. :)

----3. it was agreed upon today. we will hike to the top of mt lemmon and camp one night as our precursor trip the week before we de do our mega uber hike.

IV. pioneer sucks! ESPECIALLY their customer service and warranty department.

V. tiny dancer, take me away.

2 Comments:

Blogger Groove Salad said...

I. top ten list (chosen from a field of 20)

----10. yes, crazy america! you assume that just because one has recieved a four year degree and a security clearance that this person can fill in for a teacher for a day at a level that they have already mastered? craziness abounds!

A level you have already mastered? Are you saying that because we've all been 5 years old we are qualified to teach 5 year olds as long as we have a degree + security clearance? Plus, if anybody can just "jump in", doesn't that sort of make the preschool teacher's job... well, a "duh" job as long as they have ANY degree + security clearance?

----9. i think xavier, angella, clarrissa, john, gio, anthony, gabrielle, mark, michael, isaac, kevin, and lewis would disagree. they might even say 'you suck'.

Of course they would, they’re young chillins… they might even stick their tongues out at me.

----8. does this mean in sucky world that everyone would have to go through college to sub?

I think it just makes the actual teacher’s job seem less important if “anyone with a degree and security clearance” can take their place.

----7. yeah, it is part of an elaborate secret plot to topple america.

Did I say it was? Yeah, that’d be a big fat NO.

----6. is somebody jealous???

HAHAHA! I literally laughed OUT LOUD while I was just sitting here in studio. A big, loud, “HA!” Why would I be jealous of you playing teacher for a day?

----5. or has somebody watched too much 'are you smarter than a fifth grader?'

I haven’t even heard of that show – I spend almost all of my time working on school.

----4. hmmm. you are in architecture, right? must never had a sub teach you.

Actually, that observation is true – I’ve never had a substitute in architecture – You can’t just throw people in and expect us to learn the same thing a thumb-sucking preschooler can. This goes for many other college disciplines as well – they just cancel the class if that happens, but more importantly, the teachers are almost never absent. We spend so much time working on projects and being sick and not sleeping that, when they get sick, they try not to miss class either.

----3. now i understand the 'thanks for playing' comment.

I say a lot of things because I’m just being silly and then you think I mean them differently. Amusing.

----2. run, CB, run away!

HA. I enjoy the notion that you assume you know I act around people I am meant to spend time with; whom I click with; people that have their priorities in life straight.

and finally...

----1. excelsior!

Still running with that manbearpig episode humor, eh?

ok, that was fun.

Yeah, it really was.

7/3/07 17:11

 
Blogger H M MuRdOcK said...

ok, i finally got around to reading this today. ummm, hmmmm. i could almost go over every single comment u made. especially #2, it screams to me!

but that would just spark some perpetual cycle of replies and misunderstanding and negativity and non logical sentences, etc, etc.

so, instead, how about this? u are right, as always. the subbing process sucks. school should just be cancelled when a teacher can't make it in. that is a really good point, how college and grade are excatly alike. thank you for enlightening me on this. please do your civic duty and inform america. the system must change!

yes, i was clearly out of line on all points. even #7, which was 100% a 'joke'.

do u feel better now? :)

16/3/07 08:23

 

Post a Comment

<< Home